While families have the greatest potential for raising healthy individuals, great harm can be inflicted to family members if the family breaks down without the influence of God. When harm is done, the effects can cause hurt not only to the individual and family members but to society as a whole.
Family problems have always existed. According to the Bible, there was a communication problem between Adam and Eve. Satan created havoc in the first marriage with lie, and this was followed by enmity, competition, jealousy, envy and the first murder when Cain killed Abel. Abraham, a friend of God, had family problems when his wife Sarai had a conflict with Hagar, their housekeeper, who bore a son fathered by Abraham. Jacob and Esau, twin brothers, had a lifelong conflict because their mother Rebecca showed favoritism.
Family conflicts continue today. Though many brag about the perfection of their forefathers, grandparents and parents, the opposite is true. No one has been perfect, with the exception of Jesus Christ. Families should be encouraged by this. Marriage is God’s idea, and He knew there would be problems so he provided solutions to resolve family issues of any kind. By the grace of God, you and your family can find peace, joy, love, patience, kindness, faithfulness and all that pertains to life and Godliness. We help you and your family experience the best of life through the use of a variety of counselling methods.
Our primary method of counselling is face-to-face personal counselling, although we do follow up through telephone and email support when a personal meeting is not convenient. We model our methods on several successful professional techniques, including the cognitive behavioral approach and the pray-through process.
SOME OF OUR METHODS
- The concurrent approach. The husband, wife, and other family members are seen separately by the same counsellor. This gives one counsellor the perspective of different family members in order to arrive at a proper diagnosis and put a treatment plan is put in place.
- A conjoint approach. The counselor assumes that the family operates as a social system and everyone in the system is guided to act differently as they get a clearer understanding of the issues, and practice better communication and less harmful behaviour.
- Conflict resolution. We teach conflict resolution skills. Sometimes we attempt to change the entire family structure by assigning new tasks, and teaching new roles, responsibilities and communication skills.
- Though more challenging, sometimes a combined approach uses two or more of the methods above.
Our Unique Approach
- Though we use new knowledge and resources, our counsel is based on the Word of God. We primarily rely on the Holy Spirit and every case is treated uniquely as it presents itself.
- Our counselling effectively helps you deal with your past and overcome fear, pain, guilt, resentment, an inability to forgive and other issues. We help you have a healthy view of your past, present and future, we offer aid in charting the course of your life, and we coach you as you enter into a new period of fruitful living.
- The love and compassion of our counsellors allow them to empathize with and minister to you in the truth and grace of our Lord Jesus Christ. Your success depends not only on your faith and obedience but also the grace of God.
- We believe that the spiritual, psychological and physiological dimensions of human beings are intricately related, and we rely on God-given resources (theology, psychology and medical science) and proven methods of cognitive and behavioral therapy.
We deal with a wide variety of topics. We can help you with: